CONNECT. COLLABORATE. COMMUNITY
Are you a Women-Owned Small Business exploring business contracting, interested in getting certified to compete for future contracts, or ready to work with major organizations today? If so, you’re in the right place!
Queen City Women in Business™ is a membership-based supplier sourcing & development platform committed to connecting women business owners to contracting opportunities faster by quickly matching our members, to our partners. We don’t provide certifications or contracts directly, instead we simply the pathway, offer direct access & expedite the experience through our proactive collaborations.
With hundreds of women-owned businesses in our public directory across 20 industries, we aim to be the “Angie’s List” of Women in Business by fostering a thriving supplier eco-system that works, grows & scales together!
Our mission is to simplify the pathway to supplier contracting for women owned small businesses making it easier to work with major organizations.
We believe it should be MUCH easier for major Corporate & City organizations to find & do business with woman business owners like you. That’s why we carved out a unique space to exclusively make this happen faster. At Queen City Women in Business™, you’re more than just a name; you’re a part of a powerful eco-system striving to change the face of business!
We promote a structured certification journey for our members, aimed at accelerating their path to contracting opportunities.
1. Informative Certification Matchmaking Email by Day 7
Within the first week of membership, our members receive a comprehensive informational email highlighting the significance of certifications in accessing contracting opportunities; setting the stage for understanding the certification process and its potential benefits.
2. Certification Application Initiation by Day 30
By or before 30 days of membership, we encourage and guide our women entrepreneurs to initiate the certification application process for their respective sectors by going here to our all access certifications page.
3. Certification Approval Goal by 90 Days of Application Start
Within 90 days of applying for certification, our goal is to celebrate the approval of certification for our members. *This will vary based on which certification is being pursued.
4. Competing for Contracts by 4-6 Mos.
At the 4–6-month mark, we aim to have our certified members ready and equipped to actively compete for contracts & connected with our procuring partners.
Queen City Women in Business™ offers you a unique and invaluable platform that connects local city and corporate partners and opportunities, to our women in business members faster. This community offers a centralized platform for women small business suppliers by partnering with local agencies, teams & organizations to provide supportive networks & access to resources essential for women in business growth and success.
- Free Monthly Newsletters!
- Access Granted to advertise your business in our public business directory!
- New Member Spotlights on Social Media!
- Highlighted in Monthly Newsletter!
- FREE Admission to Monthly Virtual Lunch and Learn Talks!
- Early access to information & business opportunities!
- Early invites to signature events!
- Awards Nominations & Recognition at annual Hat & Tea Lunch in August!
Why We Exist:
Today the world of small business contracting is far too complex. From knowing which certifications are needed by whom, to understanding where to go to apply, to knowing how to compete once you have them, the entire process has been clunky for far too long. With Woman Owned Businesses being the fastest growing in the US, we thought it was time for supplier simplification.
Our mission is to simplify the pathway to supplier contracting for Women Owned Small Businesses making it easier to work with major organizations.
Our vision is to be a go-to model for taking women small businesses from start-up to supplier-ready enterprises faster, through offering simplified educational, resources & access opportunities!
Attend Exciting Events All Year Long!
As a member or partner, you’ll be provided with frequent opportunities to connect & collaborate as early and often as possible through access, frequent educational programs, and our signature events!
QCWIB Community Event Types
1. Monthly Virtual Lunch & Learn Talks, where QCWIB members share tips on trending business topics.
2. Quarterly Connections Calls, where QCWIB partners and members get introduced.
3. Queen City Women in Business™ Breakfast, an Annual Signature Event each January that invites all local organizations and women in business to learn about QCWIB and become members and partners.
4. Queen City Women in Business™ Hat & Tea Lunch, an Annual Signature Event each August that awards its Women in Business Members across 3 categories: Philanthropy, Innovation, Emerging leadership. Women are welcome to nominate all year long. (*As seen on the right.)
5. Supplier Matchmaking events where our members who are supplier ready and/or supplier bound meet our Sourcing Partners.
What We Offer:
We offer access to opportunities, educational programs & signature events designed to accelerate the success of women entrepreneurs just like you!
- Access – Get access to some of the city’s most influential leaders & key organizations. Through our social media platform and app and warm introductions made at events and beyond, women business owners can quickly build a sense of community and position themselves for high volume growth.
- Education – Get the upskilling and training you need to compete at the highest levels. We pride ourselves on offering you the best information & education during our events (i.e. Speakers, Discussion Panels, Breakout-sessions, VIP Fireside chats, etc.) and all year long, via online training programs exclusively designed to help Small Businesses Grow powered by our partners at Skilldora Inc., an accredited training provider.
- Events – Get invited to our wildly popular signature events such as our Queen City Women in Business Breakfast™ professional business conference, or our fan favorite Queen City Women in Business Hat & Tea™ Experience, as a great way to connect with city leaders & collaborate with other women owned businesses and re-fuel your purpose!
Why Join Our Community?
Get your business referred! Get access to people already looking to work with you! Get in front of a larger audience faster!
Whether a member or partner organization, if you’re looking to grow your business or program exponentially by having access to the right people, resources & opportunities, then you’re in the right place!
Not only do we connect Queen City Women in Business™ members to local city and corporate opportunities, yet we also aim to work with our members and partners as a first choice when it comes to our signature events and experiences!
As a result, our members & partners have reported an immediate increase in awareness, exposure and opportunities from our connections!
See Our Testimonials
Don't Wait...Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to the people already seeking to do business with companies like yours.