Get Certified & Compete at the Highest Levels

*Apply below for all certifications

We Encourage You to Apply for Certifications in your 1st 30 days of membership so you can compete for contracts sooner !

Certifications for women small business suppliers are official designations or credentials that indicate a business’s eligibility, qualifications, or compliance with certain standards or requirements.*Apply below for certifications. 

*We recommend being strategic & only applying for the certification that represents the sector you wish to work in. 

  1. (CORPORATIONS) Get Certified to Do Business w/ Major Corporations:

The following national certifying organizations are recognized by most corporations and are utilized to prioritize diverse suppliers: Click links to apply!

    1. Supplier Gateway (Only accepted when transacting via their platform): EDC (Enhanced Digital Certification). This certification is accepted by all corporate buyers on Supplier Gateways platform & offers all eligible diverse statuses in one certification & takes 20 minutes. Start Here. For Questions See Program or contact
    2. WBE: Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
    3. MBE: CVMSDCCarolinas-Virginia Minority Supplier Development Council, a division of the National Minority Supplier Development Council  For Questions:
    4. ASIAN: U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce (USPAACC)
    5. VBE: National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC)
    6. VBE: National Veteran-Owned Business Association (NaVOBA)
    7. LGBTBE: National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
    8. Disability IN: Supplier Diversity Certification (Disability IN)
  1. (City of Charlotte, NC) Get Certified to do Business w/ City of Charlotte: M/W/S/B/E -(Minority Women Small Business Enterprise)

Minority certifications are used to prioritize diverse suppliers.

City of Charlotte: To Get Certified as an MWBE in the City of Charlotte you can complete the following steps. Click link to apply!

City of Charlotte M/W/S/B/E Certification (minority women small business enterprise): For a City of Charlotte MWSBE Designation, you will want to go to the application page: and choose “Apply for/renew certification”.

**It will have you set up a vendor profile in the system and will take you to the application process for MWSBE certification.

Application assistance:

  1. 704-366-5066
  2. 704-432-3304
  1. (NC STATE) Get Certified to Do Business w/ NC STATE HUB as a MWSBE/HUB:

The NC HUB Office also invites you to go directly through the State of North Carolina for the MWBE vs the City level.

MWBE Certified via HUB/SWUC: To register as an MWBE you will want to apply via the Statewide Uniform Certification (SWUC) Program or HUB, as it is also called.

To start the registration process please visit: or Start Here:

For HUB/SWUC application assistance: or helpdesk 888-211-7440 option #2

4. (INDIANA STATE) Get Certified to Do Business w/ INDIANA STATE as a MWBE:

The Indiana Department of Administration, Division of Supplier Diversity has relaunched the Secured Supplier Portal and is only taking applications through the electronic application process. Start Here: 

For more information regarding how to apply for certification, please visit

Or Contact Kesha Rich at 317/232-3061

5. (NC DEPT OF TRANSPORATION) Get Certified to Do Business with Local Airports/Dept of Transportation via getting DBE/ACDBE

Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Certification: Often required for businesses seeking to participate in federally-funded transportation-related projects.  Click here to start.

Airport Concessions/Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) Certification: Often required for businesses seeking to participate in Airport concessions-related projects

  1. DBE or ACDBE Certified via NCDOT to work w/ Highways & Transportation & with Airports:
    1. Start here: 
      • To access the NCDOT Online Certification Portal for the first time, follow steps 1 and 2 below.
        1. Register as an individual for the NCID.
        2. Complete EBS access request form​​.

NCDOT application assistance: or

6. (FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTRACTING): Get Certified to do business with the US Federal Government:  (*Allows you to contract with Government entities nationwide or at your state and county level)

  1. Small Business Administration (SBA) Certifications:
    • Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) Certifications: These are for businesses majority-owned by women and provide advantages in federal contracting. Click here to start. Angela Brewer or Aregnaz Mooradin with the SBA can help to answer questions.
    • 8(a) Certification: This certification is for small businesses owned by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals. It provides access to government contracts and resources. Click here to start.
    • HUBZone Certification: For businesses operating in Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUB Zones). It provides preferences in federal contracting. Click here to start.