Get Certified. Get Contracts. Get Resources.
Apply for certifications in your 1st 30 days of membership. Compete for contracts sooner and get more!
Certifications for women small business suppliers are official designations or credentials that indicate a business’s eligibility, qualifications, or compliance with certain standards or requirements.*Apply below for certifications.
*We recommend being strategic & only applying for the certification that represents the sector you wish to work in.
- Corporate Contracting: WBENC WBE & MORE. See Specific Certifications Required. Apply Below.
The following national certifying organizations are recognized by most corporations and are utilized to prioritize diverse suppliers: Click links to apply!
- WBE: Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- MBE: National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- ASIAN: U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce (USPAACC)
- VBE: National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC)
- VBE: National Veteran-Owned Business Association (NaVOBA)
- LGBTBE: National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
2. Local/State Contracting: HUB/SWUC/MWBE. See Specific Certifications Required. Apply Below.
The following local/state certifications are recognized for the State of North Carolina.
MWBE Certified via HUB/SWUC: To register as an MWBE you will want to apply via the Statewide Uniform Certification (SWUC) Program or HUB, as it is also called.
For HUB/SWUC application assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org or helpdesk 888-211-7440 option #2
3. Local/State Contracting: DBE/ACDBE. See Specific Certifications Required. Apply Below.
Airport Concessions/Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) Certification: Often required for businesses seeking to participate in Airport concessions-related projects
- DBE or ACDBE Certified via NCDOT to work w/ Highways & Transportation & with Airports:
NCDOT application assistance:
4. Local Contracting: SBE. See Specific Certifications Required. Apply Below.
SBE Certification: For a City of Charlotte SBE Designation, you will want to go to the application page: https://charlotte.diversitycompliance.com/ and choose “Apply for/renew certification”.
**It will have you set up a vendor profile in the system and will take you to the application process for SBE certification.
SBE application assistance:
5. Federal Contracting: WOSB, 8a & MORE. See Specific Certifications Required. Apply Below.
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTRACTING: (*Allows you to contract with Government entities nationwide or at your state and county level)
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Certifications:
- Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) Certifications: These are for businesses majority-owned by women and provide advantages in federal contracting. Click here to start. Angela Brewer with the SBA can help to answer questions.
- 8(a) Certification: This certification is for small businesses owned by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals. It provides access to government contracts and resources. Click here to start.
- HUBZone Certification: For businesses operating in Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUB Zones). It provides preferences in federal contracting. Click here to start.
We have 4-partner categories designed to accelerate your path to success!
- Supplier Diversity Partners: Our Supplier Diversity Partners are organizations we connect directly to our women business owner suppliers. Together, we create a strong network that fosters growth and success.
- Certification Pathway Partners: Certification Pathway Partners are partner agencies that guide you through the process of becoming certified to do business with corporations, federal agencies, city, and county governments. They provide the support you need to access these valuable opportunities.
- Business Resource Partners: We have partnered with organizations dedicated to the growth of entrepreneurs. They offer a range of services at no cost to help you develop your business, making your journey smoother and more successful.
- Preferred Partners: Our Preferred Partners are industry expert professionals & organizations who offer specialized services and products that cater specifically to our members. These partners make essential resources easily accessible, helping you achieve your goals faster.
See Below Our Partners By Categories.
Supplier Diversity Partners: Partner organizations we connect directly to our women business owner suppliers.
Certification Pathway Partners: Partner organizations that guide you through the process of becoming certified to do business with corporations, federal, city, and county.
Business Resource Partners: Partner organizations dedicated to the growth of entrepreneurs via FREE business support, accelerators and grant funded programs.
Preferred Partners: Industry expert partner organizations who offer specialized services and products that cater specifically to our members.
Learn how to Become a Partner Today!
Gain immediate access to the people already seeking to do business with companies like yours.